Frequently Asked Questions
There are many different names for the same procedure:
Permanent Makeup, Semi-Permanent Makeup, Micropigmentation, Cosmetic Tattooing and Microblading.
I use a micropigmentation machine and sterile needles during your procedure.
These are designed for permanent makeup.
I use EU Regulated Permanent Makeup high quality pigments, specially manufactured for these procedures .
Donna offers this procedure with a digital machine. This ensures the safest and most natural looking finish. Inserting Pigments into the upper dermal layer of the skin it typically lasts from 12-24 months and longer (depending on your skin type and lifestyle) As the colour is not implanted as deep as a traditional body tattoo these colours will be naturally broken down and exfoliated out of the body over time.Book now
No treatments can be performed if you are under 18, pregnant or breastfeeding.
It is important that you feel fit and well for the treatment to be carried out.
If you currently have a medical/skin condition, allergy or take medication for anything at all this must be disclosed before booking a consultation. A doctors consent form may be required or in some cases treatment will not be possible.
Main medications/conditions that affect the decision for treatment are:
- Medication that thins the blood
- Autoimmune Disorders.
- The medication Antabuse.
- Acne medication must be stopped for a minimum of 12 months.
- Eyeliner cannot be performed if you have glaucoma.
- False eyelashes/extensions must be removed before eyeliner. They cannot be re-applied for 3 weeks post procedure.
- Eyelash growth serums to be stopped a minimum of 4 weeks before procedure.
- If you suffer from cold sores on your lips and would like to have your lips done you must ask your Dr for a prescription of Aciclovir tablets. Take these for 5 days pre and post procedure.
- You cannot have your lips done if your lips are excessively chapped.
- Exfoliate and balm your lips for 7 days before the procedure.
- If you are not a good healer, permanent makeup may not be for you.
I MUST SEE PHOTOS of work done elsewhere before you can book you in. Unfortunately I cannot guarantee that I will be able to work over this without removal. Prices will be provided on a case by case basis.
Absolutely! During the consultation I will take time to listen to you and what you want and show you the shape, colour and finish of the intended procedure. Each and every treatment is bespoke and I will design around your natural face shape, facial symmetry and individual style. I will also advise of which techniques and designs will age well.
Typically Eyebrows last 18-24 months and Eyeliner and Lips closer to 24 months. At this point one colour boost appointment is required.
There are a number of factors which affect this:
- Skin type. Plastic surgery, injectables and skin treatments can cause you to need more frequent colour boosts.
- UV exposure (I encourage you to use SPF50).
- Lifestyle. A frequent swimmer for example will find they require more frequent colour boosts.
Everyone’s skin heals differently and most clients develop patchy areas or the appearance of fading after the first treatment. You will need to return for your perfecting session 4-6 weeks after treatment. This ensures your colour boosting sessions are as long between sessions too. From your initial appointment to your new PMU area being healed takes 6 weeks. This is important to remember if you are going on holiday for example.
No, not really. On a scale of 1-10, most clients report a discomfort of about a 3.
Of course everyone’s pain threshold is different but typically clients describe it as a light scratching sensation. Everything is done to ensure your comfort.
Permanent MAKEUP IS NOT MAINTENANCE FREE you will still need to tint/wax/trim your eyebrows for example. It is a lot easier though as the shape is already in place and maintenance free as they wont need drawn in every day. Please remember to take makeup off your brows and eyeliner after application. It is nearly impossible not to get foundation over it and you will need to take 2 seconds to sweep over the area with a clean cotton bud to ensure the area is always looking fresh.
Follow your aftercare that will be given to you. Keeping your brows/eyeliner dry for TWO WEEKS IS ESSENTIAL. Lip healing (VERY EASY) requires you to use the balm provided constantly until the flaking stops, usually 5-6 days.
You must avoid the following in the first two weeks of healing:
- No sun beds
- Keep out of sun (wear sunglasses)
- No sweating in the gym
- No makeup on the area
- No creams on the area
- No sweaty atmospheres (jacuzzi)
- Do not pick scabs if any appear
- Do not itch the area or pull scabs away
- Leave the area alone and let them heal totally for at least 10 days
Always follow the advice given after your procedure. 50% of your results are my skill, 50% is your body and skin and how you look after them.
You can book a consultation by Contacting Me.
If a you, as a potential client is having treatment, you cannot be in the studio 2 weeks pre or post covid vaccination at time of treatment.